FM 3-06.1: AVIATION URBAN OPERATIONS
Official US Army Field Manual in Acrobat PDF file format.
This publication is a tactical level document for planning and conducting aviation urbal operations. This publication:
* Supplements established doctrine and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP).
* Provides reference material to assist aviation and ground personnel in planning and coordinating tactical aviation urban operations.
* Applies to any personnel planning and coordinating aviation urban operations, including commanders, air crew, and ground personnel requiring aviation support.
* Promotes an understanding of the complexities of urban terrain.
* Incorporates lessons learned, information from real world operations and training exercises, and TTP from various sources applicable to the urban environment.
This publication provides multiservice TTP (MTTP) for planning and executing fixed- and rotory-wing aviation urban operations.
The audience for this publication is any element of a force planning and conducting aviation urban operations, including commanders, planners, air crew, and ground personnel requiring aviation support. This publication can serve as a source document for developing Service and joint manuals, publications, and curricula, as supplementary documentation or as a stand alone document.
This publication does not address all functions of airpower employment that may be used in urban operations (e.g. counterair, strategic attack, air interdiction, etc.), as these topics are addressed in other appropriate joint and Service publications.
File download size: 2 MB