FM 2-22.401: TECHNICAL INTELLIGENCE
Official US Army Field Manual in Acrobat PDF file format.
This publication provides a common set of multi-Service tactics, techniques, and procedures (MTTP) for technical intelligence (TECHINT) operations. It serves as a reference for Service TECHINT planners and operators to build and execute coordinated multi-Service TECHINT operations. It provides guidance to tactical forces on the evacuation of captured materiel that has intelligence value. Additionally, it informs the joint force commanders (JFCs) and their staffs about the missions, requirements, and capabilities of TECHINT forces and essential information to effectively employ and utilize TECHINT capabilities.
This publication guides planners through the process of requesting, deploying, and employing the unique, highly specialized, and mission enhancing expertise of multi-Service TECHINT teams. It is designed for planners at all levels and defines methods to ensure TECHINT capabilities are fully integrated and utilized to the maximum extent possible to provide captured enemy equipment identification, assessment, collection, exploitation, and evacuation in support of national technical intelligence requirements. This publication:
• Supplements established doctrine and tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP).
• Provides reference material to assist ground forces on the evacuation of captured
material of intelligence value.
• Assists in planning and conducting TECHINT operations.
• Promotes an understanding of the complexities of TECHINT operations.
• Incorporates TTP, lessons learned, and the latest information available on TECHINT
File download size: 1.5 MB